Saturday, November 19, 2011

Solo








        I am in Manhattan – a sort of Total Recall moviescene subterranean Manhattan – and I’ve just left a business meetingsomewhere on lower Broadway.  The office where we met reminded me of my first childhood  basement.  It had the same shiny "knotty pine" paneling.  It's possible that the people at the meeting were relatives I no longer speak to.  I couldn't see their faces and I don't remember their voices, but their name is Legion.







    Irecall a business dinner (important) scheduled for that evening but I haven’tconfirmed it.  Is it at 7 pm or 8 pm?









    The light outside is alternately bright sunlight anddarkly overcast.  I need to find ChezPanisse. 








    I've never been there.  I hunt through a series of passageways thatremind me of the Century City shopping center in Los Angeles. 







    I find the restaurant.  They’re nice and seem gracious.  Jane and I are soon seated. Why is Jane there?  

    We get up for a moment and find that our places have been cleared.  We have nowhere to sit.  We are confused and other diners are staring down hard at us.





No comments:

Post a Comment