Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday, 2010



Everybody knows that the perceived length of days is unpredictable, but yesterday, Easter, seemed like a very long day.

I’m grateful for that because it was a very fine day also. I felt fully involved in everything I did and blessed with the very best companionship, including:

1. Caroline and Jane.

2. Andy and Edie.

3. Two people I like at the gym who made the early morning wake up and filled me in on “the news”.

4. Tom Clark and readers/correspondents at Beyond The Pale. I read fine poetry, prose and commentary and learned things about grammar and rhetoric. Through analysis and intuition I divined the path to “paratasis” and found that I hadn’t gotten lost.

5. The members and attenders present at the Cornwall Monthly Meeting Easter Meeting for Worship. It had been too long since we had participated there and Cornwall’s “living silence” spoke volumes to us.

6. The people we chatted with at Easter lunch overlooking Tuxedo Lake, which was as beautiful as I’ve ever seen it. Seeing how thoughtfully Jane treated the younger children present made me very proud.

7. My companions in the wildly entertaining dreams I had while Caroline drove back to Berwyn.

8. Jane (singling her out again) for reading aloud from The Code of the Woosters and loving the book and for finishing her math problem packet. It will break my heart (which can be a hard one on subjects like this; I must improve; that’s part of what Easter is all about) to wake her in 32 minutes so that she can begin the school week on time by performing a task that has turned a little sour for her. I’m grateful I understand why this is so now and also for the fact that we’re finally on the same page about it. And Jane for doing her axels and spins with such aplomb.

9. The person who cooked my miso soup with “asari” (clams) and enoki mushrooms last night. It tasted like the best thing in the world.

10. Eduardo, Bentley, the McFadden’s black and white cat, Pitch (where are you?) in Tuxedo, and the full complement of our animal family in Berwyn, i.e., Rose, Eddie, Eddie, Jr., Bunny, Felix, Claude, Princess Daisy, TigerLily, Honey, Tige, KingKing, Skip, Flip, Rainbow, Ruby and always, Pansy, U and Santa. (I’ve already mentioned Andy and Edie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment