Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Eat Our Peas" [2]












"First they will sample you; 

    Then they will make a stew of your brain."  [1]




Note:

[1] Excerpt from "Escape" series radio adaptation of "The Fourth Man."  (John Russell short story; Radioplay by Irving Ravetch.)  Broadcast August 18, 1947 on the CBS Radio Network.

[2]  I like peas and always have. Canned peas as a child during the Eisenhower 1950s.  Fresh peas later.  I even like English "mushy peas." 

Good grief.  Is this what things have come to?  

And what's with the constantly shifting regional accents and usages and the odd intonations?  When, on occasion, I've found myself slipping into similar behaviors (usually during arguments and other stressful moments), my wife has suggested having me committed.  

Readers interested in history and rhetoric may enjoy this article concerning the 5th century BC Athenian statesman,Cleon (Κλέων).



No comments:

Post a Comment