Monday, February 15, 2010

The Romantic Era

I have recently found some really cool paintings from the Romantic era. The photography of the 1800s is reminiscent of these paintings, especially the landscapes and stilllifes(sp?). I found a painting that I thought was beautiful, and could easily  be represented using a camera from the 1800s, to make a calotype or some similar type of print.











The image was painted by someone from the Dutch Romatic Period. There is more information about the Dutch Romantic Period on the Kunsthal website.I couldn't find a good enough photograph that represented the type of Romantic work done during this time, but if you look at some of my other posts, you will see what I mean by romantic photographs. What I did find was a mondern take on romantic photography. This artistic director Édouard Lock, created a new ballet, and it uses the romantic era ballets, Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty, and the production stills are done in the same style. Here is an image of one of the stills, and here is the link to more information about it. As you can see, it is in color, but it does have a slight romantic feel to it.












Peace
- Ziggy

No comments:

Post a Comment